søndag 17. februar 2013

Pollen

Today I got pollen from a friend of mine in Tasmania, Australia. This is not the first time he sends me pollen. I really appreciate that he do this since this gives me the possibility to do crosses with lilies I actually don't grow. In 2011 he send me pollen from : Lowana (asiatic) Dark purple OT? Black Back ,Brown pendant OT Dark Black ( both are Ryirube a cross between Lilium henryi and Lilium rubellum) and Robina (OT). Fall last year seedlings from :

Shenandoah x Dark pendant OT Dark Black where planted out in the garden. Looking foreward to see the flowers.

In 2012 he sent me: 2n Black Beauty (OT), Tiger Woods and Crimson Glory ( both orientals),           a yellow Ryirube seedling. In the fall seeds where harvested from :

LILIUM SARGENTIAE HYBRID x RYIRUBE SEEDLING : plenty of seeds
LILIUM SARGENTIAE HYBRID x DARK PURPLE RYIRUBE : plenty of seeds
LILIUM SARGENTIAE HYBRID x BROWN PENDANT RYIRUBE : plenty of seeds
LILIUM SARGENTIAE HYBRID x ROBINA: plenty of seeds
SHENANDOAH x DARK PURPLE OT/RYIRUBE BLACK BACK : plenty of seeds
SHENANDOAH x TIGER WOODS few seedlings
WHITE HENRYI x DARK PURPLE RYIRUBE: many seeds
They are all crosses done with pollen from plants that I have never had in my garden.

A nice lady sent me pollen from Awesome last summer. The pollen gave me seeds from these crosses:

WHITE HENRYI x AWESOME: many seeds
LILIUM ROSTHORNII x AWESOME: few numbers of seeds
L. ROSTHORNII-HYBRID x AWESOME +ANDRE many good seeds.
The L. rosthornii-hybrid are from the cross L. rosthornii x various trumpets. Seeds from John Lykkegaard. I'm not sure if it's a hybrid or L. rosthornii. The flowers looks like L. rosthornii.




The pollen he sent me this time where:

Aurelian:
Louise
Anton Mego hybrid x Black Heart White
Lilium henryi var. citrinum hybrid
Heart Throb
Butterscotch - not asiatic as I have written on the bag.

Asiatic:
Pink Pioneer x Perfect Pink.

Orientals:
Wildfire

OT:
Regal Star

+ a Ryirude I'm not sure I have seen picture of.

John have sent me bulbs he have got from Charles Kroell. I find the aurelians most interesting and they will be planted in my greenhouse. They are:

Betty Sturley
Aurelian seedling (dark nectaries)
Aurelian seedling

Last fall Anton Mego sent me some bulbs from his hybrids, they where:

BEAUTIFUL VICTORIA (Aurelian)
TROPICAL GARDEN (Aurelian)
AM-04/2041-4 (Aurelian)? I asked Anton for pictures and he sent me pictures of all exept one. It'll be a surprise how this one looks like.
GERLACH (Aurelian)
MAGIC LAMP (Aurelian)
MY LITTLE BABY (small bulbs, will not bloom before next year) (Aurelian)
SLOVAK SAPPHIRE (OT)

My plan for this year is to use pollen from Tasmania to pollinate these lilies.

 






Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar