onsdag 30. januar 2013

Sowing lilies 2013, asiatics, trumpets

The first seeds I sow every year are seeds from own crosses that I'm not sure will germinate. It's a good feeling to fill the first pots, sow the seeds and write the cross on the label. And every year there are some seeds that starts to grow. This is what I started to sow this year:

* SHENANDOAH x (BLACK BEAUTY x (L. LONGIFLORUM x L. HENRYI))  3 plants so far

* SHENANDOAH x TIGER WOODS 4 seeds germinated but one died

* WHITE HENRYI x ?

* WHITE HENRYI x L. HENRYI CITRINUM 2 seedlings

* WHITE HENRYI x AWESOME

* WHITE HENRYI x (SILK ROAD x BRAVURA)

* LILUM ROSTHORNII x TRUMPETS

* LILIUM SARGENTIAE HYBRID x STARBURST SENSATION + AVOCADO : 30 so far

* LILIUM ROSTHORNII x AWESOME 4 seedlings so far

*L. ROSTHORNII-HYBRID x AWESOME +others 4 seedlings so far

When I sow lilium seeds I put all the pots I sow the seeds in in a plastic box. I keep them there till the first seedlings start to show. Then I take the pot out and place it a cool but sunny place. I have heard that Lilium rosthornii can be hard to get a good germination percentage, but I have a good percentage by placing the pot cool and sunny.

This is what I have sown so far:

L.HENRYI VAR. CITRINUM x OP 
LATVIAN PROMISE
SEVERKA x (( PINK PERFECTION x WHITE HENRYI ) MEGA STAR-LA)*
LIONHEART x JUMBOTRON
HENRYI HYBRID WHITE RECURVED W/YEL.BANDS x DARK PURPLE TRUMPET
LADY ALICE x BEAUTIFUL VICTORIA*
((L.HENRYI x BRIGHT STAR) x L.HENRYI) x BEAUTIFUL VICTORIA*
BARBARA SMALL x PURPLE FLECK SEEDLING*
BARBARA SMALL x CK03-PF3*
BARBARA SMALL x BETTY STURLEY*
CK11-HT01 x CK06-HT05*
CK90-1 x BARBARA SMALL*
BETTY STURLEY x CK06-HT05*
GEORGE JACOBS OLD BH x CK06-HT05*
CK TALL BH SEEDLING x CK06-HT05*
CK06-HT05 x CK11-HT01*
CK06-HT05 x CK TALL BH SEEDLING*
ORANGE/MELON F2*
BH PURPLE FLECK x BARBARA SMALL*
CIGANIETE x 12 ØH 01
ILGA x 12ØH 01
 NOVICE x 12 ØH 01
( ORANGE BM 1a x ORANGE 1c TANGO) x CIGANIETE:
WHITE HENRYI x ( ALCHEMY x ORTEGA)*
WHITE HENRYI x (ICE CAVES x ORTEGA)*
NEW TANGO
TANGO AND ASIATIC MIX FROM MANY CROSSES
JOHN'S GIANT TRUMPET

Midnight X niniture pink aurelian clome X
White Henryi x (aurelian x L. rubellum)
X (freimans 4 way cross x midnight)

(Heidelberg x Caramba) x White Henryi hybrid
AWESOME x OP
LILIUM SARGENTIAE
LILIUM SULPHUREUM
WHITE HENRYI x L. SARGENTIAE-HYBRID + TIME OUT
SHENANDOAH x LANKON
SHENANDOAH x LILIUM NEPALENSE
A MIX FROM MANY TRUMPET CROSSES
SHENANDOAH x OT-R93/25, PIZZAZZ, 4n BLACK BEAUTY(?)
WHITE TRUMPET x LILIUM ROSTHORNII
TRUMPETMIX FROM RAY MACNAMARA
WHITE HENRYI x DARK, PURPLE TRUMPET

I have never sown so many lilium seeds before and hope I will find enough space for them both in the greenhouse and in the garden.

Thanks to John I recieved some seeds from Charles Kroell last year, most of them are sown this year but some of them was sown last year. I really hope that some of the will bloom this year. When I got the seeds from Charles most of the seed bags had a picture of the parents. Here are some of them:





As you can see, this is a little different trumpet lilies than most frequently are sold. This kind of trumpets are called aurelians

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar